I sat across the table from a woman the other day. She had grown a business from an idea on paper, into a $35,000,000 company & she hit a wall.
Why? Because the people who were jealous of what she had built, would tell her all of the reasons that she should not be successful. Instead of ignoring them, she started to believe them.
Too often someone who has achieved nothing, is out there selling a book, or building a million dollar business, simply because they have the confidence that you lack.
They are successful because they have learned how to ignore the voices of their haters.
So what can you do?
Here are three things you can start with this week:
Wear clothing that makes you feel confident. In her book Rebel Talent Francesca Gino shares her findings from a test she ran where she studied how clothing impacted the performance of professionals. In short: those who wore clothing that made them feel confident, were more well respected, earned more and achieved more.
Read your resume
- Every time you achieve something, add it to your resume.
- Print out your resume.
- Highlight every number on there.
- Whenever you feel that you’re not good enough, look at the resume.
Flood your brain with pep talks
- Open YouTube every morning this week & while you’re still groggy play “motivational montages” in the background
- Download your library’s free audio book app (in the US nearly every library has one) then download a few of the books that I will list below. Do not stop flooding your mind with motivational voices until you are ready to get back on the horse.
- The power of positive thinking
- You are a badass
- Big magic
- Awaken the giant within
- The subtle art of not giving a f*ck
- The 4 hour workweek
- Tools of titans
- Settle for more
- Rebel talent
Have a magical day ✨,
PS: Don’t forget to share this with a friend in need.
PPS: If you don’t already get these sent right to your inbox, drop in your email below