Let’s talk about these while they’re fresh in my mind. I had one in the winter of 2022.
I would get them frequently when I was young and trapped in an unsafe environment.
Now, they’re significantly more rare. I had one last night. The last time I had one was in the winter of 2015.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you if you have one. At some point in the journey to becoming the greatest version of yourself, you’ll come into contact with A LOT of situations that absolutely terrify you.
At one point I toyed with the idea of keeping a written record of every terrifying obstacle I’ve faced, but realized that I would hate reliving them & that’s what you do when you write things down for others to read. You relive that content every time someone reads it and then sees you in a restaurant and talks about it.
Molo9™ is just a few years old and in this short time, I’ve had my fare share of face-offs with startup pirates.
This last one was a text book example of an attempted hostile takeover with so much legal and financial information thrown around that my eyes glazed over. It was here that I realized calm & confident Magazine-Cover-CEOs don’t learn finance & biz legal jargon because they’ve got nothing better to do. They usually learn it when their feet are put to the fire and they need to level up FAST to survive.
A panic attack means you’re at a “10”. Those Magazine-Cover-CEOs who are getting epic things done, know how to get to a state of calmness that CBT gurus call “0”. “0” means that you are as calm as a living human being could possibly be.
So let’s talk about how I calmed myself down the last time I had a panic attack.
DO NOT go to YouTube and type in “Panic attacks” you’ll just see a bunch of videos of people talking about what caused their panic attacks. Watching these did NOTHING to calm me down. Learn from my mistake. Do this instead:
- I pictured myself in my bed asleep late at night.
- I pictured myself taking those relaxing deep breaths that you take when you are DEEP asleep.
- I kept picturing this until my breaths were in sync with that internal video & my body started to relax
- Once my body relaxed, I was able to play some music to help me relax further.
- After this music helped me to get to an even greater state of calm, I was able to think clearly about which steps I should take to get out of the situation that had caused me to reach an uncommonly high state of stress.
Have a magical day ✨,
PS: Don’t forget to share this with a friend in need.
PPS: If you don’t already get these sent right to your inbox, drop in your email below